Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Are we really destroying our planet?

Are we really destroying our planet? It is a strange but necessary question. Today while in class I got a nice surprise, I found out that most of my classmates share the same concern that I have about the destruction of our planet. Global warming, animal extinction, and animal cruelties were among the principal subjects for presentations. I strongly believe that we are doing all humanly possible to destroy our ecosystem, it may sound ironic but it is true.
The issue of global warming has been of public knowledge since the 1960’s yet nothing serious has been done to deal with the problem other than emotional talks on the meetings of world leaders. Animal extinction is not a risk anymore, it is a reality, sadly there are more than 1200 animal species that disappear every year, and seems like we humans are doing “honors” to increase that number; but the issue does not end in there, not only we killed them for fun, also we tortured them, and as with the sharks, we take their fins off and through the rest to the ocean so they can have the most painful death possible. I have a question in my mind since many years ago and I hope I will get an answer soon. Are we really the smartest animal species on the world today? Or are we the stupidest animal species that ever lived in the world?

No comments: